Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh is an active, certified and recognized reviewer in various SCI Indexed journals, aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and industry professionals. He is also authorised “Editorial Advisory Board Members” in several peer-reviewed scientific journals. He holds a doctoral degree (March, 2019) in Pharmaceutical Sciences from BBAU, A Central University, Lucknow. His doctoral research focuses on the “Design and synthesis of novel Indole fused benzo and pyrido heteroazepines (IFBOs & IFPOs) for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) by the blockade of IL-6 mediated JAK2/STAT3 oncogenic signals”. He joined the “Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania, USA” as a NIH funded postdoctoral fellow (July 2019) where he was certified with a post-doctoral trainee in the field of “Discovery of small molecules as cancer therapeutics”. He received the Master degree (March, 2014) in Pharmaceutical Sciences from BBDNIIT, Lucknow, with successful completion of research project entitled “Microwave-assisted synthesis and molecular modelling study of novel benzylidine thiazolidine-4-one fibrates as PPAR-α agonist”. Academically, he has qualified several scholastic exams including CSIR-UGC-NET (from Chemical Sciences), GATE-2013 (from Life Sciences) and GPAT (from Pharmaceutical Sciences) that reflect his sound multi-disciplinary knowledge and excellence in science.
His past research supported the discovery of novel molecules for the treatment of cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. His thrust area of research is to identify the biomolecular targets of novel anti-cancer molecule at preclinical as well as clinical level. Further, he has thorough knowledge in synthetic organic chemistry, In Silico drug design and discovery, synthesis of novel molecules and their spectroscopic analysis, PK/PD study, in vitro and in vivo pharmacological screening, histopathology, SEM, ELISA and immunohistochemistry. Importantly, his major research is oriented towards the target identification of novel molecules using gene and protein expression and cell cycle arrest analysis utilizing qRT-PCR, Western blot and flow cytometry techniques, respectively. His current research is oriented towards the utilization of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine learning (ML) and Deep learning (DL) concepts in drug discovery.
He has extensive publications across various research domains where his more recent professional Publications/Awards include:
- Published more than 45 research papers and book chapters in various SCI/Scopus/Web of Science indexed reputed journals including Nature, Elsevier, Springer, Taylor & Francis etc.
- Published 3 Indian patents based on “The discovery of novel candidate molecules to treat Liver cancer”.
- Awarded “Certificate of Excellence” from Elsevier Publication in various Scientific writing discipline, including Certified Peer Reviewer Course, Book writing, Research data management, Research collaborations and Social impact.
- Participated and presented in 17 national and international seminars, conferences and workshops.
- “Young Scientist Award” winner from VDGOOD Scientific association, Coimbatore, India, based on number of quality publications in world renowned journals
- “Research Excellence Award” winner from InSc, Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India, purly on the basis of quality redearch work.
- Awarded “Record of Achievements” from several organizations including “World Health Organization (WHO).