Sisla Medical Journals strives hard towards the spread of scientific knowledge, and the credibility of the published article completely depends upon effective peer reviewing process. Reviewing of manuscript is an important part in the process of publication. Reviewers are asked to make an evaluation and provide recommendations to ensure the scientific quality of the manuscript. Reviewers are not expected to rewrite a paper. Reviewers are requested to provide authentic, positive review comments and critics for the respective manuscript. A reviewer has to review the articles received from the editorial office or the editor within the specifically mentioned timeline.
Roles and Responsibilities
- After receiving the invitation, reviewer is requested to intimate their availability to complete the review in given time.
- One can intimate us your opinion of accepting or declining the invitation. If you are not able to accept the invitation you can suggest any of your colleagues, so that respective editor may invite that person to review and you may not transfer your invitation.
- Articles are assigned based on the research interests of the reviewer. They can approach the assigned editorial office, if the manuscript is beyond their expertise.
- After assigning manuscript reviewer can contact the editorial office if there is any problem regarding time or conflict of interest, based on that the reviewer may extend the deadline or cancel the review assignment.
- Reviewer should have a look at the assigned manuscript, whether the paper fits within the stated scope of the journal or not. Reviewers should not be biased or partial while reviewing the manuscript.
- They should evaluate the manuscript within the provided timeline in order to facilitate timely completion of the review process.
- During the review process, if you find that the research paper does not fit into the scope of interest, you may intimate the editorial office.
- Reviewers are not entertained to discuss about the paper with respective author(s).
- We request reviewers not to use the information of the manuscript for their own use and to protect it from any sort of violation.
- Criticism should be presented dispassionately and offensive remarks are not acceptable.
- Confidential remarks to be done and you can advise the editor for acceptance, rejection or modification. Their comments and reviews must never be influenced by the race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, language, origin, gender or any political agencies.